Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Replace part family members by conditional statements

E

Eugene

Hello,
I am looking for a way to be able to replace members of part family in NX3 via conditional statements.
For an example:
I have a Block with hole 1" dia and a Pin 1 dia assembled into hole.
Pin is a member of part family, which has 200 standard pins.

Hole in the block changes to 1.5".

How to arange automatic replacement of Pin, without doing it manually.

I can do it easy in Pro/E since 1990.
Can not find a way in UG.

Does anybody knows?

Thanks, for your respond in advance.

from xyzgeneral

From xyzgeneral of MCADCentral.com writes:

U have created a BLOCK with a hole (dia 1") in it, in the assembly. Then u have called the "pin1.prt" (one of the family member) into this file and assembled it. Now whenever the hole dia changes say from 1" to 2" u want the pin to be replaced with another family member having the dia 2".
I assume u have template file for pin part (say pin_tm.prt) that will create 200 standard pins.

1. Change the hole dia to 2"
  2. Right click the pin1.prt (in the assembly navigator)->substitute...-> Maintain Mating->select pin_tm.prt
  3. A dialog box is displayed in which "Family Attributes" are listed, choose dia_pin (where dia_pin is the diameter of the pin) from the list, u should see the following string in the "Criteria" text box
    dia_pin==
  4. Write dia_hole in front of it (dia_hole is the expression that controls the diameter of the hole in the assembly)
  5. click OK

Now u should see the new family member (of dia 2") in place of pin1(of dia 1").
  6. Now suppose u change the dia of hole to 3", all u have to do is:

right click the pin part in the assembly navigator->properties->choose parameters tab-> click update button, the family member will be automatically replaced.
Note:
U can also use macro for step 3.
Change the dia of the hole.
Ctrl+Shift->R
specify the name and path of the macro file.
Right click the pin part->substitute...-> Maintain Mating->select pin_tm.prt->selct dia_pin from the Family Attributes list->click OK
Ctrl+Shift->R
Now whenever u change the hole dia, run this macro (Ctrl+Shift->P).

Good Luck!
3DCADTips Help Desk :cool:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back