Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Rhino 3D Newbie

brivy0702

I have some basic questions concerning Rhino... they're influenced by being primarily a SketchUp user for the past few years...

1) Is there a tool in Rhino similar to tape measure tool in SketchUp? I find this to be the most handy feature of SketchUp am wondering if there is a similar tool or similar method to drawing geometry in Rhino?

2) Does Rhino have a relative coordinates input setting or is 'CPlane' the closest it gets? Its more or less relative but I wonder if there is a way for the software to recognize the direction I am drawing geometry vs always typing in '-'...

Thanks for any insight... I realize such elementary questions may cause one's eye to roll...

there is the command "length" that will tell you the length of a curve.

To draw a line from a point without knowing the exact coordinates of where you are starting and where you want to end up use this: @, then enter the length of the line then enter this symbol, <, then the angle of the direction you want the line to go. For example if you wanted to draw a 2 inch line from a point you selected at a 45 deg angle you would type this @2<45 and that would draw a 2 unit long line at a 45 degree angle (based on the cplane) from where you started.

Hope this helps.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back