Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Rhino to 3d cad drawing

pacino

I hope someone can help me. I model in rhino but need to print a3 drawings of the parts. I tried importing them to solidworks and the model seems fine, but when I try create a solidworks drawing, lines are missing and the model is just not accurate. Can anyone tell me how I might create a 3d cad drawing from a rhino model. I have Rhino 4, and Solidworks 2010. Thanks.

Hi Pacino,
If you need to create 2D drawings from your Rhino models, you can do that within Rhino. Select the parts that you want to create your drawings from, and go Dimension--> Make 2D drawing. Select the options (such as all 4 viewports etc) and go!
Once the drawings have been made, they should still be selected. You can then go File-Export Selected and make them a DWG file to take into Solidworks =]

Hope that helps,
Mitchell

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back