Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Moving parts

rpjd

Having an issue with moving parts. Previously when moving a part on an axis, only the part I selected moved. Now when I select a part, a blue ball with XYZ directional arrows appears on the parts edge. Now not only does the selected part move, but everything pivots around the blue ball. How can I prevent this additional pivoting movement?

Having an issue with moving parts. Previously when moving a part on an axis, only the part I selected moved. Now when I select a part, a blue ball with XYZ directional arrows appears on the parts edge. Now not only does the selected part move, but everything pivots around the blue ball. How can I prevent this additional pivoting movement?

rpjd

Can you tell us what function you use?

My guess is that the function that you used is Rotate which is located on the Main toolbar. This function actually rotates the entire view of the assembly.
If you want to move part, the Move Part function is located at Assembly Command toolbar.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back