Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Extract XY dims of circles (lisp)

K

kpolyak

Can anyone HELP? I am looking for a lisp routine or an option that will extract XY dims for circles, and export to a text file or Excel or put into a chart on the drawing.

My thoughts hole size...xy points, next size...xy points blabla. Is this possible? (2004DX)

Working on it.

Hello kpolyak,

Just wanted to let you know that we posted your question on the Autodesk boards to see if we could generate an answer for you. We don't want any questions on this forum going unanswered! If/when we get a response, we'll repost it here for your benefit.

Good Luck
3DCADTips Help Desk :cool:

Question answered?

Has anyone answered this question yet?
If not, I have a quick lisp that will do it. I don't want to post something that has no relevance anymore.

Brian

Here is a lisp routine to try

Hello kpolyak,

We found a lisp routine that might do the trick for you. It was a response from our request on the Autodesk discussion boards. Here it is in full:

----------------------------------------
Reply From: Daniel B
Date: Jul/12/06 - 15:34 (CDT) NEW!

Re: Extract XY dims of circles (lisp)
Here is something I clipped out of one of my lisps. Sorry it's kinda messy. But what it does is you tell it by clickin or coordinates where 0,0 is then you click hole #1, hole #2.. and it writes to c:\hole.txt with hole number X=? Y=? dia=?

hope it helps and for some reason the while statement doesnt exit properly when you hit esc but it works none the less.

[Attachment: holeout.lsp]
------------------------------------

Good Luck!

Attachments

• holeout.zip
    456 bytes · Views: 52
BSAMC2000 said:
Has anyone answered this question yet?
If not, I have a quick lisp that will do it. I don't want to post something that has no relevance anymore.

Brian

Hello BSAMC2000,

Please upload your list routine to this thread. Alternate methods are always welcome and my in fact be the one that will work.

Thanks for helping out.

Extracting circle info.

Hope this may help. I only had a couple of minutes to write it. It's not the best way to do it, but it gets the job done.
I hope this helps. :)

Brian

Attachments

• ExtCir.zip
    418 bytes · Views: 37
Hi Guys, trying to adapt your programs for a simple tool have in mind. Have tested the holeout.lsp but after selecting circles when you press enter gives this error ; error: bad argument type: lentityp nil

any ideas of what is creating this error and how to solve it ?

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back