Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Datum, Dafult Co-ordinate system, Axis Vs. Dimension and constrain

thilag1981

Dear Friends

Version : UG Nx6

Herewith i found one simple and irritating problem in UG NX6.

While creating each and every new file there will be one dafault Co-ordinate system is readily available by UG default. After i inserted all the 3 Datum Planes and Datum axis. I tried to give dimension between the skecthed line or some other entities like Datum, Dafult Co-ordinate system & Axis. But i can't give the dimension between skecthed line and Datum or Dafult Co-ordinate system or Axis.

So what iam currently doing is i will draw the lines and i will change it to construction lines and i will give the collinear constraint to the axis. For both horizontal and vertical direction iam doing this. And later i can be used this construction lines as Axis. Also for another one direction (Since x, y & x 3 directions but 1 skecth have 2 axis only created), i have to repeat the same procedure.

Please anybody help me to avoid this problem

thanks in advance

thilag
mcup

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back