Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

creating/simulating a shape memory alloy

golender

Greetings,

I am looking model a mechanical test of a structure made out of Nitinol, a material that is very temperature dependent, with hyperelastic characteristics. However, I am not sure how I can capture this material's unique characteristics when I only have the NiTi data sheet with the following data:

Temperature full Martensite: (30 deg C)
Temperature full Austenite: (70 deg C)
E modulus Martensite: 28 GPa
E modulus Austenite : 83 GPa
density: 6.45 g/cc
poisson: 0.33

I want to do non linear simulations, that is testing with varying temperature gradients and also under plastic deformation.

What I have done so far is a simplified bending simulation (linear model) in a very minimal deformation range at a steady temperature for one material phase (Martensite).

Any suggestions, NX functions, previous made models or publications out there that can help me with Shape Memory Alloy modelling?

Many thanks

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back