Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Iteration Problems

R

recycle9

I am having alot of problems with joining (unioning) some solids. After the command has been issued the response, in the command line is

'Modeling Operation Error:
Exceeded iteration limit when evaluating curve.'

What does this mean and how do I get round it? I can slice these solids but then not rejoin them. I have also tried to make them smaller but this makes no difference either.

Any help much appreciated

recycle9

Too complex maybe...

Hello recycle9,

From a 3D database standpoint, the error indicates to me that there is either a curve (or edge) that is too complex to evaluate (i.e., it takes too many iterations to arrive at a solution within tolerance) or that an implied intersection curve (between the solids) is too complex.
  • Are either of the solid overly complex?
  • Is maybe only one of the surfaces or curves overly complex?
  • Is some of cutves or surfaces imported?
I try to never advise this but...
  • Try loosening your geometry tolerance in 0.0001 inch increments and see if the command completes without error.
Please report back.

Thanks and good luck!
3DCADTips Help Desk :cool:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back