Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Match Surface

Stephan

Hey Rhinofans,

I've got a little/big problem with the Rhino match srf tool. I try to get G2 connection at the surface A B and C. I firts built surface A and match this with C to get a nice connection there, then I tryed to build surface B and match it with a. Now every time I try to blend it with C (tryed diffrent numbers of degrees and options) it always destrys the G2 connection to surface A. Rhino is not able to connect the 3 surfaces A,B and C with G2. I tryed "Multimatching", but no G2 connection also.
Kostenloser Bilder Upload Service - Gratis Bilder hochladen / uploaden ohne Anmeldung

Thanks for the help, I am at the end of hope.

Greetings Stephan

PS.: I dont want spans in my surfaces and they have to be as simple as possible. I tryed the same thing in Autodesk Alias and there it worked...

Attachments

• show_img_test.php.jpg
    show_img_test.php.jpg
    348.4 KB · Views: 3
Hey Stephan,

it's been a while since you posted that question... (seemingly the subscription to this forum doesn't work)

Anyway, I would suggest a different approach:

1. Create a "Sweep 2 Rails" surface, using the long edges of surface A as rails and the edges of surface B and A as profiles with G2 continuity. or:

2. First, create surfaces B and then surface A using "Surface Network" with G2 continuity.

The second approach could produce more isocurves than desired so I would vote for #1.

Cheers, Stefan

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back