Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

TIN made of polylines - how to convert to a renderable surface?

S

squeakstar

hi everyone,
i have a TIN mesh created from a DTM and i wish to use it as basis for some visualition within Autocad 2004.

The components making up the TIN are thousands of polyline triangles and i wish to give them solidity and would like to be able to render the ground-surface they would create, only i can't for the life of me figure how or what to do to make them into a renderable surface.

i'm reasonably new to Autocad having mainly used the solid modelling features in laser-scan surveys and thats about it.

we also use microstation SE at our work which holds my triangular mesh as thousands of shapes which do render without a faff but I find the 3D modelling tools and pants UCS feature within microstation un-intuitive to use.

any help gladly appreciated,

matty

ok, i've come across the REGION command which seems to give the triangles solidity, they are rather jaggy though.

is there a way to combine all the triangles into a whole surface so phong shading would create some smoothing??????

cheers...

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back