Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Question from a new member

N

Norseman

Hi all,

Recently found this place as I am trying once again to get up to speed with SolidWorks. I've used SW off and on over the past 7 or 8 years but because of the inconsistent use, I've never became quite as efficient at it as I'd like to be. I've now invested in one of the Solid Professor training tutorials and it's quite good. In addition to that, I'm also trying to just get in there and use it as much as I can... in fact I have to do that because it's part of my new job.

The Problem I have with just getting in there and working at it is those times when you try to do something that you know can be done but either a tool you want to use is greyed out or unavailable. Other times it's when you get an error message, but looking up the error message in the help guide results in a big zip. My question is, are there any resources, books, videos, online guides, etc. that have some good information on error messages and/or what makes certain tools in active and what steps to take in order to make them active. If there isn't anything like this out there, it would be a great tool to have in book form because I'm sure I'm not the only one who finds this frustratiing.

Thanks in advance for any advice/help you can give.

Last edited:
Our SolidWorks Resources

Hello Norseman,

The SW documentation would of course be the first place to look. Are you on the Solid Edge maintenance program? If so, you should be able to get help with error messages from their support services.

Also, we have many resources here on 3DCADTips.com that you can access for free and review to see if they cover what you are asking for. I doubt there is a book specifically for error messages.

Here are links to our SW resource directories:

SolidWorks Tips (1701 Current Total)
SolidWorks Tutorials (325 Current Total)
SolidWorks Books (108 Current Total)
SolidWorks Models (173 Current Total)
SolidWorks Downloads (40 Current Total)

Good Luck!
3DCADTips Help Desk :cool:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back