Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Editing dependent objects in patterns.

P

peenie

I want to be able to create a single object, then create a linear/rectangular pattern of these objects, then be able to edit the position/orientation of the instances individually. However, I'd still like to be able to edit the shape of the original object and have it affect all it's linked instances.

Right now I'm using patterns but I can't figure out how to edit the instances individually. Can I do this with patterns? Is there an easier way to accomplish what I want? I'm using IronCAD 6, btw.

TIA,
JC

JC,
Patterns are used mainly to reduce memory use/file size and put them in a group to suppress. They are also less intelligent. You will have to use the Triball "copy" then "link" to do what you want.:)

Frank

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back