Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

CAD Standard - AutoCAD and Rhino

Philby

As this is one of the sites we used for research while preparing our new CAD Standards, I thought it only fair to share the results here, in case they may be of help to anyone looking to start or update their own CAD Standards. Partly because our company believe in an open culture for documentation such as this, and partly as I know personally how frustrating and time-consuming it can be to trawl the web for examples of existing CAD Standards. We have also included a Project Folder Organisation structure and a project-wide File Naming Convention.
Our architectural/engineering company uses a combination of AutoCAD and Rhino for our work, so while this standard was designed primarily for AutoCAD, it was also developed with the aim of improving the compatibility between AutoCAD and Rhino (I've posted this in both AutoCAD and Rhino forums).
Please feel free to download the documents in PDF format, and I hope it proves useful to some people.

Re-Thinking CAD Standards: Why there’s never a good time, and never a better time… :: complexitys

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back