Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Help require - Adaptive Spring on a curve profile

J

jyce

I'm trying to create an adaptive spring on a curve profile. Anyone can help me on this?

Curved Spring

I played with this and was unable to get either spiral or thread to work on anything but a straight cylinder, I am sure this is what you have run into as well. I think I have a solution though. Your profile, is it a single curve, a series of curves, or is it a compound curve? If it is just a single curve, you can create a torus by revolving a circle 360deg, then using a plane that is angled to your torus you can circular pattern the torus a set number of times and the same number of degrees as your plane. Use the parameter of the plane angle in place of a number in the circular pattern. I have uploaded a file that can demonstrate.

Hope this helps, it is an imperfect solution but it should do well enough to get the idea across.

Attachments

• adaptive curved spring.zip
    985.6 KB · Views: 24

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back