Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Heady heights & feeling dizzy!?

W

wallace & grommit

I would first like to say that i would be most gratefull for any help of which i can get!
To begin with, i have started on quite a audacious venture! About 15 years ago i came up with a ingenious idea for a i,c engine (true rotory), now i drafted it on paper & basicaly left it at that, i did a number of years ago get some information i felt i needed to take my idea further than just paper (computer:) )
Now my idea is, i wish to create a computerized true working model of my idea (hoping that it will tell me if it would work in reality, & also any problems i've missed, etc)
The information i aquired is this;
I need ;
-A highend 3D cad system which has built in animation to show parts moving against each other.
-Kinomatics .
-Computational fluid dynamics.
-And last but not least, finite eloment analysis software.:D
Now i've been learning & using auto cad 2007 & have, i must say done quite well so far, but the more you learn, you come to realise you know very little.
Anyway, i need to know if the cad package i'm using is right or not? what other software packages which i need will attach or work in conjunction with auto cad 2007, i also would like some reading material whilst i'm at work, on these subjects.
I understand this sort of software is not for the faint hearted(although i do feel quite nauseous with the vertigo at the moment thinking about the task ahead) but if one wants something, he has to work for it!!!
Anyway, i eagerly awate for a replie to my dilema.
p.s MONEY, is tight, so cheaper the better;) .

Yours wallace & grommet:cool:

Not need to go that elaborate with the software. A basic 3d software with the ability to produce 2d assosiated drawings is good enough.

If your worried about material strength, and stress analysis, maybe this will help. Professional Multiphysics: Mechanical Event Simulation with Linear and Nonlinear Material Models, Static Stress Analysis with Linear and Nonlinear Material Models, Linear Dynamic Analysis, Steady-State and Transient Heat Transfer Analysis, Steady and . Anything esle, you could probably calculate it close enough by hand.

All that money you would spend on software, i would save, and spend it on a working prototype (even if it's 1/2 scale)

Geting it working on the screen, doesn't mean it'll work on the shop floor.

Last edited:
Chears spider007 for the help it's much appreciated, but because i'm totaly new to cad and all the attendant accesaries the link you gave me was a bit too much to take in, in one mouth full, it would be most helpfull if you could shed some light on the link, so i may make a better judgement on the subject.
Plus im somewhot perplexed with your statement(getting it working on screen doesn't mean it will work on the shop floor?), i thaught the whole idea of this sort of software was to save time and money , before building a prototype model, i understand that not all the facters can be accounted for, but surerly it would go a grate way in eliminating costly prototypes?
yours, Wallace & Grommit

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back