Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Deleting multiple items in V5

B

Belden

Hi,
I have a plenty of lines and points that I want to delete, is there a easy way to select them all by filtering for points or lines?
With regards.

Hi,
I have a plenty of lines and points that I want to delete, is there a easy way to select them all by filtering for points or lines?
With regards.

Belden,

:) You can use EDIT + SEARCH to find all the points or lines in your file. Once they are found, you can click the SELECT button on the bottom of the panel and then hit the DELETE key.

Before you hit DELETE, you might want to unselect the points or lines that you don't want to delete.

If you use the ADVANCED tab; you can combine searches to find all points AND lines, or only yellow lines, or points on layer 3, etc.

:) Another method of cleaning up your file is to switch to the GENERATIVE SHAPE DESIGN workbench and use the TOOLS + DELETE USELESS GEOMETRY. This tool is supposed to delete everything that does not have a child element.

:eek: But beware: both of these methods might delete gometry that are parents to other geometry.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back