Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Two questions, one on hole labels, the other on save command

F

ffigueres

Hello,

Three begginer questions.

1.I have an assembly with lots of holes and the tags don't let me see, how do I hide them?

2.Every time I hit save, a new file is created, thus I'll end up with five part1.prt files. How to fix this.

3.How do I change the default working directory? Once I open the program I know how to change it, but how do I make stay that way?

Thank you

Good beginner questions!

:) These are good beginner questions. We should have no trouble finding answers unless someone here beats us to it!

Please stand by...

Thanks for using the Q&A Board!

3DCADTips Q&A Board Support.

To change the default working directory.

» 3.How do I change the default working directory? Once I open the program I
» know how to change it, but how do I make stay that way?

:) Right click on your icon on your desktop. there should be a box with which you can choose pro's starting working directory. type in the ful path to your directory there and apply. next time you start pro up it should automatically use the chosen directory.

:) Also, in Wildfire 2.0 you have to set the following configuration option in your config.pro file:

file_open_default_folder working_directory

Both appraoches should work.

Thanks for using the Q&A Board!;-)

How to hide entity tags

» 1.I have an assembly with lots of holes and the tags don't let me see, how
» do I hide them?

:) In wildfire 2.0 go to View -> Display Settings -> Datum display. You can turn off the tags there (assuming you want to see the centrelines for the holes) or you can turn of the axis display, as required.

Every save creates a new part ;-(

» 2.Every time I hit save, a new file is created, thus I'll end up with five
» part1.prt files. How to fix this.

:) This is the way pro/e functions. If you are certain that you don't need to use the old files, you can purge them using File -> Delete -> Old Versions - it prompts for the filename (default the open file).

:) You can also set up a mapkey that saves and purges at the same time.
That will keep your working dir clean. Depending on how you set the order you can have two or just one version saved.

Thanks for asking the Q&A Board!;-)

Posted as separate Qs for other members.

:) We will post these three questions as separate posts for other to locate more easily.

3DCADTips Q&A Board Support

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back