Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

hole command

You should define 1 hole and then duplicate the inherent solid
by using either the Rectangular or Round patterns (if the spacing
is uniform) or you use the user pattern if conformity is not present.

First Select All The Points And The Surface Defining Their Location , Then Select The Hole Tool....now You Should Have All Your Required Holes In 1 Hole Feature.

HOW IS THE PROJECT PROGRESSING?

Last edited:
SPIDER007

PLEASE FORGIVE ME AS I JUST TOOK IT FOR GRANTED THAT YOU WERE TALKNIG ABOUT A PART CREATED IN THE GENERATIVE SHEETMETAL WORKBENCH WHICH IS WHERE I SPEND MOST OF MY TIME. THE METHOD I SUGGESTED ONLY WORKS THIS WAY IN THE SHEETMETAL WORKBENCH.YOU WILL HAVE TO CREATE 1 HOLE AND USE ANY OF THE 3 PATTERN FEATURES TO CREATE MULTIPLE HOLES....STRANGE THAT YOU CAN DEFINE ALL THE HOLES IN ONE WORKBENCH AND NOT IN THE OHTER....ONCE AGAIN SORRY FOR ANY CONFUSION CAUSED.....iM USING V5R14 SP 6 BTW!

they got R-16 at the collage.
I'm at work right now so i can't try it (we use KeyCreator here:rolleyes: ) but i'll see if they fixed it by R-16.

That's what i mostly need it for....those sheetmetal brackets.....

I'm wondering, does it work if you put all the points in a sketch or do you have to do it outside of sketch.......i'll find out tonight....

probably the easyest thing to do would be to use a sketch and a pocket comand....but i was just wondering if there was some secret code or something to get it working through the hole command......now i know.

Hi there Spider 007

Just to let you know that your points can lie in a sketch or in a geometric sketch in order to use the hole tool for the sheetmetal Workbench

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back