Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How can I sum areas of a surfaces when selecting them with Measure Item tool

Skoda23

I want to use Measure Item tool, to select more than one surface area on the 3D model (let say holding ctrl and clicking on the surfaces on the model) and then want to see wat is the sum of all selected areas of surfaces.

How can I do that?

First, Join all the surfaces together into a single surface. Then Measure the Join to get the total surface area.

First, Join all the surfaces together into a single surface. Then Measure the Join to get the total surface area.

Thats great. But what about if the surfaces are not connected together.

For example I want to measure sum of two areas that are on the completely oposite site of the part? Any solution also for that?

Thats great. But what about if the surfaces are not connected together.

For example I want to measure sum of two areas that are on the completely oposite site of the part? Any solution also for that?

You can Join all the surfaces even if they are not connected. All you have to do is make sure the "check connexity" option is not selected in the join definition.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back