Thread: Mirror a mirror

Default Mirror a mirror

Hi

Is it possible in CATIA V5 part design to mirror a mirror (around a different plane of course)? When trying, CATIA produces the error 'one of selected feature Mirror.2 can't ne transformed'. Is there some sort of work around maybe? Some suggested inserting in a new body, however, that is not possible either as one of the pads in the object includes an up to surface limit. It seems as such as simple task to do, it must be possible to do. Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
    Rasmus.

•   AltAdvertisment

I have done many mirrors of mirrors, so I'm also puzzled about the error you are getting. Could you include a picture of what you're trying to do, and include the tree so we can see what kind of geometry you're working with.

As a workaround: do a Rotate 180 instead of the second mirror.

•   AltAdvertisment

ExMirror.jpg

I have made a simple example demonstrating the problem. Pad.1 is the box, Pad.2 is the ear. The second ear (Mirror.1) is mirrored around plane 1. If i try to mirror Mirror.1 around plane 2, the before mentioned error appears ("the selected feature can't be transformed").

Regards, Rasmus.

•   AltAdvertisment

Default mirror tool

Quote Originally Posted by Rasmus View Post
    Hi

Is it possible in CATIA V5 part design to mirror a mirror (around a different plane of course)? When trying, CATIA produces the error 'one of selected feature Mirror.2 can't ne transformed'. Is there some sort of work around maybe? Some suggested inserting in a new body, however, that is not possible either as one of the pads in the object includes an up to surface limit. It seems as such as simple task to do, it must be possible to do. Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
    Rasmus.
    I know a tool which can do it so easily .
    https://www.scripting4design.com/clients/mirror-product