Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Blending the last part of a model

Alfredo94

Hi, guys!

I have this CATIA model I'm working on for school, but I'm having some problems when blending the last part to thicken it.

I really hope you can help me (any suggestion will be trully appreciated).

Thank you so much in advance. Attached you will find a screen shot of the problem, and here you can find the CATIA file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7zglulk22cqy2r/Espiral.CATPart?dl=0

Attachments

• blend.jpg
    blend.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 8
I guess you've already tried splitting the surface to that last section and trying a Thick Solid?

If that doesn't work, I would try to make a Multi-Section Solid to fill in that section. I'd make two sketches, one of each end based on the solid faces, plus I'd impose tangents to both solids. I'd also use the yellow curves as guides, and the white curve as the spine.

If I didn't like the solid, I'd try again with a Multi-Section Surface for more control.

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back