Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Jack of all trades, master of.... how many?

Scott Hazlam

I have been drafting with AutoCAD for 2 years, and modeling with solidworks for 1 year. I work for a sheet metal company and do work on the side. I enjoy the trade so much so that I spend all my waking hours on this skill. But the more in depth I get, the more down the rabbit hole I go. I branched into 3DS max because i wanted to animate some of the things i was drawing, and was also interested in interior rendering. And while learning the (basic) AEC in 3DS max I had the revelation that architectural is a whole other program, BIM, revit what have you. So many CAD programs so little time! I want to use them all!! of course that is too expensive and time consuming. Which leads me to my real question,

should I focus on one discipline, or is there harm in branching out to all these programs? i know mastery takes time invested in one spot for a period of time. advice, experience? is it realistic to want to use all these programs?? Thank you

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back