Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Best CAM system for Solid Edge ?

J

joeh57

Does anybody have experience with GibbsCAM and/or EdgeCAM and/or NX CAM Express? I want a system that allows me to transfer the whole setup (vises, clamps, stock, part, etc.) in from Solid Edge and keep everything associative. If the part changes (or clamp changes position), I want the CAM side to update painlessly. Most of our parts are prismatic mill and lathe parts (semi-production quantity runs of 5 – 500 are typical). We do have one (HAAS VF2-TR) 5 axis mill I need to program (positioning only at this point).

Joe

Hi Joe,

NX CAM Express is the only CAM system that maintains associativity of Solid Edge parts between design and manufacturing. Any changes done in Solid Edge will be immediately reflected in NX CAM Express as there is a tight integration between Solid Edge and NX CAM Express. After all, both are products of UGS.

Andrew
UGS
CAx Support

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back