Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Help and advice

ZS1

Hi all.

New to the forum. I want to get SW running better on my computer. It's second hand, Asus motherboard, core i5, Windows 10, not sure what the graphics card is but I think it might be a more gaming oriented one.

I don't have money for a better computer but could probably stretch to buying a Nvidia quadro m2000 which seems to be one of the most highly recomended ones and a bit more RAM. The computer runs the programs fine, I'm not trying to do anything wildly complicated and no enormous assemblies. The image quality I have at the moment is terrible, and I'm finding that is my main obstacle. Facetted curves and edges etc. No distinction in tone, ambient occlusion doesn't work, nor real view. Changing the image quality in settings also makes no difference.

Would the extra RAM and decent graphics card solve my problem or am I fighting a loosing battle?

Apart from using the programme I'm fairly computer illiterate and don't understand most of the jargon. Answers in laymans terms please.

Many thanks

Z

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back