Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

carving or graving a sketcher on a body?

Mans

carving or graving a sketch on a body?

Is it possible I can print a sketch on a curved body, and carve it on as a hole or similar shapes (dependent on the shape of the sketcher?)

Thank you :)

Last edited:
There are many ways to carve or engrave a shape onto a surface object with CATIA. A simple way is to Project the sketch onto the surface, and then use the Slot tool to carve the image.

If you could attach an image of the sketch and the curved body, we'll try to provide a more detailed solution for you.

If you plan to do a lot of engraving with CATIA, you might want to consider purchasing the Type3 app: https://www.type3.us/

First of all I apologize you that I used sketcher instead of sketch mistakenly in my previous post. I modified the mistake.

You mentioned projecting a sketch onto a surface; how about onto a body?

Thank you very much

Yes.

If you could attach an image of the sketch and the curved body, we'll try to provide a more detailed solution for you.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back