Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Vrml to STEP conversion

Edge

Hello everyone,
my questions are following:

1: Is there any way to convert vrml to STEP? If sbd could explain it step by step.

My problem is following: When I put 3dxml files exported from abaqus into my Catproduct and after saving the whole catproduct into Smarteam ( DSS Product data management system) in my file> desk withnin Catia V5 R24 it can be seen that catia has one source for 6 different 3dxml files (six links to one source file). Result is that I have the same visual representation in Catproduct for 6 different parts, what is wrong.

Since abaqus can export files into vrml, I thought if I could convert all parts into STEP before putting saving them into Smarteam?

When I open those parts from local PC,as a separate files and save them as STEP within Catia, I get empty step files.

I found some file converting programs but they are not freeware.

I would appreciate your advice If anyone colud recommend how to solve this.

Regards,

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back