Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Building a curve with an equation

Shisharkata

Hey Guys,

I have been trying to build the evolvent of a Gear in CATIA V5 and I want to use the following formulas for the curve:
x = R*(sin(f)-f*cos(f))
y = R*(cos(f)+f*sin(f))
Where x and y are the coordinates,R is a know konstant and f is a number going from 0 to a specific number (which will be defined by another formula, but lets say for this case it will be =0.67).
Can any one please tell me how to do it?

Thank you!

I've seen several videos and tutorials on the internet explaining how to make a CATIA curve based on an equation.

I found this one (using the same equations as yours) that provides two solutions: 1. use CATIA Laws and 2. use Excel macro to compute involute coordinates for CATIA

http://www.eng-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=227675

Last edited:
Thanks that's helpful. I suppose if u want to use it to create a Gear it will be too complicated to be worth it. My idea was to make one and just change the parameters to become other sizes.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back