Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Thick surface: current offset value leads to a local degeneration on a surface

Micho

Hi. I couldn't find the answer here. To cut it short. I get this error:

1.jpg
(if I follow the instruction it does work, but I need the thickness to be 20 mm)

everytime I try to make thick surface of this (Multi-section between 3 splines):

Bez tytu2łu.jpg
Bez tyt3u2łu.jpg

Offset does not work neither:

Bez tyt3u42łu.jpg

It seems there is a problem with the highlighted part of the surface. Anybody knows how to fix this?

Attachments

• Bez tytułu.jpg
    Bez tytułu.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 4
Surface modeling is not easy. It takes a lot of detailed effort to get smooth flowing curves and surfaces with good continuity.

May I suggest a different approach for the canopy: Redraw the sections as closed profiles with the outside curve and an offset (20mm) inside curve. Instead of a Multi-Section Surface, use a Multi-Section Solid.

Actually, surfaces of the canopy were not as ideal as I had thought. Fixing this did the job, but I will keep in mind Your advice :) Thank You

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back