Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How to do serial circular cuts like this (see in the description)?

Micho

I want to do circular cuts (holes) in ribs of an aircraft:

Bez tytułu.jpg

I want it to look like this:

2.jpg

The problem is each rib is different, therefore there is different number of holes in each rib, different diameter size of each hole, and different distance between holes centers. Doing cuts for a single hole separately is possible, but it takes ages. Is it any way to do it automaticly/serially? Thanks in advance

Have you tried a Power Copy to automate some of the repetition?

First, I'd try a Power Copy for a single hole. Then, a Power Copy that would do several holes (or maybe all the holes) in a rib.

Last edited:
I am going to power copy solids along a rib and then use them to split the rib. This is what I did so far:
Bez tytuł2u.jpg
Bez tytułu.jpg

Any tip how to use this power copy option? What are the inputs and selected components? Can You explain how to do this after I create element to be copied? I am confused...

Ok, now I am answering for my question xD
Bez tytułu.jpg

Inputs are elements You later use to define Your Power Copy (constant during copying) and Components are elements You want to copy (changing). Easy. Now it is all about removing rollers from a rib:

Looks good! Thanks for sharing that last picture showing the curved rib and the fan pattern of different sized cylinders (rollers).

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back