Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Path planning in Catia

kosak95

Hello,
I'm new here, and I'm a student. I'm working on a project at College to make paths on CAD models in Catia.
I came across a problem.
I choose a surface and mesh it to get points on surface. When I export those points to txt and excel files they are in random. And when I go through macro to make spline from that points it's just some random spline, not in any order. So my question is, is there any macro or any other way to rearrange those points in some order to make nice splines.

Pictures of how it should be (I did that via choosing points) and how it is via macro are in attechments.

Attachments

• slika2.jpg
    slika2.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 4
  • slika3.jpg
    slika3.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 4
I'm not aware of a CATIA macro that will do what you want.

The only thing I can think of is the Hole Chart command in Drafting, but it doesn't sort to provide a nice spline.

You might want to download the CATIA Portable Script Center (search for it) to see if there's anything there you can use.

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back