Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

I need help for drawing an inducer

MiladAsiaban

Hi guys,Im new in solidworks and i wanna to create an inducer model at it,are there anyone to help me please?
I attached a figure that represent the general geometry of an inducer.
Inducer.jpglarge.JPG

Last edited:
1. I'm sure someone here can help you. What have you modeled so far? Do you have any dimensions indicating the size of your part?

2. You say you are new at CATIA, but you asked your question in the SolidWorks forum; which CAD system are you using?

1. I'm sure someone here can help you. What have you modeled so far? Do you have any dimensions indicating the size of your part?

2. You say you are new at CATIA, but you asked your question in the SolidWorks forum; which CAD system are you using?

Unfortunately, I had written catia instead of solidworks.I have dimensions from an article and i attached it for you.
Best regards
MiladView attachment 2020

You can start by creating a revolve for the center shaft.

Then create a helix out of three sections: a tapered one that has an increasing diameter, one with a constant diameter and a tapered one with decreasing diameter.

Create the shape of the section that revolves around the shaft. Could be a rectangle.

Create a sweep that uses the spiral as a guide and the rectangle as a profile.

That should do the trick :)

You can start by creating a revolve for the center shaft.

Then create a helix out of three sections: a tapered one that has an increasing diameter, one with a constant diameter and a tapered one with decreasing diameter.

Create the shape of the section that revolves around the shaft. Could be a rectangle.

Create a sweep that uses the spiral as a guide and the rectangle as a profile.

That should do the trick :)

Thank you for your answer peter

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back