Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Advantage of skeleton modelling

spe88

Hi,

I'd like to know what the advantage of modelling in an assy with more than one skeleton part. I mean in a product every sub assy contains a skeleton part in which the driving elements are copied with links from the upper skeleton part.

I just do not understand why it is not enough to have one skeleton at top. I tried and worked fine for me.

Thank you

I agree with you. For many projects, I've found a single skeleton part works well. (plus it's much easier to work with and (I think) it reduces response time due to not having to point to multiple parent parts.)

However, when it comes to big projects with large, multi-discipline design teams, a single skeleton is not able to handle all the master features.

Last edited:

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back