Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Parametrical seam Catia V5

JosLu

Hello everyone, I'm Joslu and looking for help to design a parametric seam with Catia V5, I've been researching and trying for myself to try to reproduce the picture after many months I din't found anything , I would ask to everyone if someone could tech me how to make a parametric seam with Catia V5, see attached picture, Thank you all.
seams catia.jpg

Personally, I would just do a Parallel Curve and then change the line type and color to something that looks like a stitch.

But I guess you want something better that accurately shows the thread/stitching, as you show in the attached picture.

You might want to try Power Copy, but you probably need a macro program to automate the stitching.

Last edited:
Personally, I would just do a Parallel Curve and then change the line type and color to something that looks like a stitch.

But I guess you want something better that accurately shows the thread/stitching, as you show in the attached picture.

You might want to try Power Copy, but you probably need a macro program to automate the stitching.

Thank you for your answer, that's true , it's what I need , I've been watching some videos of that, and it doesn't look easy to complete.

Kritesh, could you provide a sample of your training course specific to Parametric Seams. Thanks.

I went to Catia training course and unafortunately didn't find anythign in relation with my question, thanks anyway Kritesh.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back