Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Custom Properties In IIF Statement

tim-tim

I am trying to create a custom property that appears in the BOM to be used to help specify the material type.

Example: I have an aluminum hollow tube with some OD and ID (both are custom properties). I want to round these values to 2 decimal points and then concatenate them. So if OD was .543 and ID was .194, I would get a result of .54x.19. I have gotten thus far by doing the following:

custom properties:SW Help.jpg
OD = .543
ID = .194
SubCat = "[email protected]"x"[email protected]"

global variables:
rOD = round("OD",2)
rID = round("ID",2)

However, I only want to use this custom property, SubCatName, if another custom property is greater than 0. I can't seem to put the "SubCatName" in the result of an IIF statement in the equation for a global variable.

Is this possible? I'm hoping there is a simple enough workaround that won't require any changes to our business tool that we use to analyze our BOM. Thanks in advance.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back