Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Unable to close the profile and creating sliding roll

elreedy

Hey guys, i am unable to create closed profile to slide the roll. due to the black dots. i believe it is open profile. I have tried to close it but failed.

Any advice

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 1
Where is the profile? And how are you trying to close it? What error do you get?

I see 3 "tracks" in the picture (outer, middle, and inner). Have you joined each track to form 3 continuous curves?

Thanks MrCATIA for your reply. I`m not professional enough to understand and answer your question (Have you joined each track to form 3 continuous curves?). appreciate if you make it more clear for me.

I`m trying to create movement (slide roll) but the cylinder stop rolling on the black dots and continuous to rotate on the track. i guess the reason is the black dot.

I did another example and made the track like a closed circles and no dots appeared then the roller was able to rotate on the track.

Appreciate your advice

I think the black dots represent the end points of the lines and circles that make up the track. (like you said earlier; it's on open profile - a non-continuous track)

To have a continuous track, you should use the Join command and select the lines and circles to combine them into a single curve.

Just like your circle example, you can now use the Join curve with your Sliding Roll joint.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back