Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

CATIA Simulation

Pankaj Namdev

Hi, Actually I want to animate a vehicle on a path in Digital Mockup, I have tried it several time by applying different type of joints and I have done it but it runs only on a straight path but I want to move it on a circular path, so it possible? Please help...

With Kinematics, you could simply use a Revolute joint to rotate the vehicle part about a line in the fixed part.

Depending on how much animation you want; create a new part consisting of two parallel curves that represent train tracks. The tracks can be flat, or bumpy. Use Point-Curve joints to have the vehicle part move along the tracks.

For even more realism, you can add joints to rotate the wheels and have the wheels move up-and-down.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back