Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Catia V5 commands

promixer

Hello,

first I am new to this forum, and I have one problem with Catia V5.

I setup some commands (hotkeys) to use them when modeling and then after I reset computer Catia resets my commands, but weird some of them stay.

Like I used CTRL+TAB for normal view, that one stayed. But like CTRL+1 for Dimensions its gone and so on.

Can anybody please help about this problem, where to check if there is any settings to reset some settings after new start of Catia or anything else?

Thanks for help.

you have to have a CATDrawing file open to have the Dimension command work.

I believe the Customize panel will show you all the hotkeys you've added.

Hello,

sure, but even for sketch commands like project 3D elements, intersection 3D elements, everything is again restarted.

Any idea where to look for? Maybe Catia have some option to restart to some "default" settings after a restart of the computer?

Thanks

I've never used "shortcuts" or "hot keys", so I don't have a lot of experience with them.

I was just looking through the CATIA Help Files, but I didn't find any options for commands or toolbars

I did find this tutorial while searching online: http://catiav5v6tutorials.com/how-to/use-catia-keyboard-shortcuts-fast-workflow/ If you scroll down, half-way through the comments there is something about there being a limit, or maximum number of shortcuts that can be saved. The author suggests deleting some and adding a few new ones.

In my past 3 jobs I have had to use 3 different CAD programs (Creo>SW>Catia)

and the thing that has helped the most, is mapping buttons on my mouse and spacemouse to do the same things that my previous workflow did

this has really helped me speed up while I learn AND decrease frustration so I can learn better

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back