Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Solidworks/CAD in the work world

Joelaudie

Hey guys, I'm a college student studying Engineering/ Architectural design in college. I'm recently starting school and I've used solidworks and a few other programs before and I really enjoy the design process. But i'm not sure what career path that would be. What are the possible career paths using solidworks and design with revit and such? I also have done floorplans and also enjoyed that. Where can I go with this?

if you want to use CAD then architectual is not the way to go, you will likely end up with a BIM program like revit or vectorworks

if you want to just do design, then look for a univeristy with an industrial design program or product design program

I had an intern from USC (iirc) who was a product design major and it was almost like a bachelor of arts in engineering, they do not really get into much hardcore analysis or higher math, but do get a lot of design and art training

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back