Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Why this line showing up on both faces?

I'm not sure why those lines show up. Maybe a software bug in CATIA?

Using Chamfer to taper the front and rear faces is an interesting technique. Chamfers are normally used to eliminate a sharp corner, like a fillet. They normally are short and don't extend the entire length of a face, like you've done. But there's nothing wrong with using a Chamfer for the tapered faces. Maybe it was confused with the slot in the middle?

You didn't show the tree diagram, so I have no idea what features were used to model what you have so far. And there are many ways to model a part like this.

But I suggest replacing the Chamfer with a Sketch and use a Pocket to cut-off the faces, like the picture below.

KINSTON4.JPG

Last edited:
Maybe it was confused with the slot in the middle?

YES. I applied edge chamfer before applying slot(pocket). Then I didn't get that line.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back