Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Surface thicken not working

Stonefire

Hi
This is my first post and I'm a newbie into Solidworks. I have been drawing som roofs to my modeltrain. The first couple the thicken method was quite easy after I did a Knit of all the surfaces before the thicknes-command. But with this new project I can't get the thicken to do as supposed.

I've tried more combination of the thickness-value, other ways to do the loft-command, but none of them can do a succeded thickness afterwards.

I've searched the net regarding this issue, but can't quite figure out how to manage....

I need to have a standard procedure to do this without any problems every time, because many future projects are alike.
I allways need a thickness-value at about 1mm...

Can any point out how to do this with success everytime..??

I could not attach my file here. So I've uploaded it here: www.thunbergs.dk/public/roof.SLDPRT

Sincerly
Steen

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back