Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Nvidia Quadro P3200 6GB GDDR5 or RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6 with Solidworks (and AutoCAD)

c.j.ertan

Hi,

I am about to configure a laptop that I am hoping will last a long time and enable me to comfortably do CAD work, mainly on Solidworks. I am aware that GPUs Solidworks offers support for and officially recognizes are the Quadro series for Nvidia.

However, I am in a dilemma between Dell Precision 7530 which comes with Quadro P3200 6GB GDDR5 and Alienware Area 51m which comes with RTX 2080 8GB GDDR6. I am not interested in gaming. This is a long term investment for engineering work and studies. Would any of you have a recommendation as to which one would be a better option to go with? Additionally, if you have any idea about the cooling performance of Precision, I would appreciate that as I am aware that 51m has great cooling, but unsure about the Precision.

Thank you and all the best with your CAD work!

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back