Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

How to stop Tree from expanding a feature after double-click?

ignrolfer

When I double click on a feature to examine or change it, the tree expands that feature to show the sub-features or parameters. For example, if I double click on a Sweep, it automatically expands it in the tree to show the parameters associated with it (Lenght1, Lenght2, Angle, etc.). How can I prevent this from happening?

Thank you for your answer. Hopefully somebody has found or will find a tweak for this and they can share it here!

I did a google search and came up with two possible solutions for you: (maybe you have already tried them?)

First, Tools + Options + General + Display + Tree Manipulation and turn off Automatic Expand

If that doesn't work, there's a Expand/Collapse command that will collapse/expand the tree. In the link below (scroll down a little bit), they added this command to a new toolbar and just click on this icon to change the tree.
http://www.maruf.ca/files/caadoc/CAACafUseCases/CAACafSampleSpecTree.htm

Last edited:
I did a google search and came up with two possible solutions for you: (maybe you have already tried them?)

First, Tools + Options + General + Display + Tree Manipulation and turn off Automatic Expand

If that doesn't work, there's a Expand/Collapse command that will collapse/expand the tree. In the link below (scroll down a little bit), they added this command to a new toolbar and just click on this icon to change the tree.
http://www.maruf.ca/files/caadoc/CAACafUseCases/CAACafSampleSpecTree.htm

Thank you! I did try turning off the Automatic Expand option, but it does not work.

The second solution could work, but if it collapses the whole tree, it's not ideal since I want to keep seeing the features inside a certain Geometrical Set or Part, just not the parameters inside those features. It might be faster to collapse all and open the specific Geomtrical Set again than manually collapsing each feature, though!

Thanks again!

EDIT: I just read the link and it seems it could be an useful feature, but I need to ask my System Admin to make those changes.

Last edited:
I think if you don't need surface properties, you shall create it in Datum entity with the icon among icons below. First turn on the button and then you can create the geometry by any command in datum status.

I have to disagree with you Sanam. Working in Datum mode (to isolate every geometry you make) is a bad practice, since nothing can be edited.

Yes, you're right, and I know that, so I pointed that ,if this dear friend doesn't need surface properties ,I mean, editable properties of the surface, ...
This way is just for cases one wants to design a model for a representation like cgr format to save to represent,otherwise it's not a good way.Maybe I should write this point at the first reply. Thank you for your attention.

And an other point which must be considered:

click once on the button not more times. as far as I know if one clicks on more than once, this mode will be permanent.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back