Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

INVENTOR - creating a Mountain surface/solid out of points

palazz

Hello everyone,

I bought a 3d (point and altitude line )map of some swiss landscape and try to take in inventor a mountain profil. I manage to have the topographical altitude lines but I don’t know how to make a surface out of it !

I would like to have a 3d surface like this mountain down here : Pic 3d surca

But I don’t know how to join the points or lines to make it and I get this : 2 other pics

Does anyone have an idea how to make a surface out of it ?

Thanks in advance for your help
Regards

Nicolas

Attachments

• 3d surface.jpg
    3d surface.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 4
  • 3d point line.jpg
    3d point line.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 3d point line_2.jpg
    3d point line_2.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 4
This definitely isn't a job for inventor or any technical CAD software. The surface will be very complicated - technical CAD programs like catia and NX create surfaces by Bezier curves and Isoparametric surfaces. What you have here is a monster and your PC will burn before it creates a parametric surfaces with those points. My best shot is that you could try a 3D rendering software like 3DSmax or Autodesk Maya. Then - you can try exporting it as an IGS or a parasolid format to inventor if you really need it in inventor.

Hello everyone,

I bought a 3d (point and altitude line )map of some swiss landscape and try to take in inventor a mountain profil. I manage to have the topographical altitude lines but I don’t know how to make a surface out of it !

I would like to have a 3d surface like this mountain down here : Pic 3d surca

But I don’t know how to join the points or lines to make it and I get this : 2 other pics

Does anyone have an idea how to make a surface out of it ?

Thanks in advance for your help
Regards

Nicolas

Bonjour, Avez vous reussi à faire votre montagne?

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back