Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

re using old parts but cant rename in properties

cad121

Hello all

Catia is not my primary CAD package so if I ask something that seems obvious I apologise.

I am trying to use an old part to build a new assembly, I open the part then save as to create the new part and tick the "save as new document" box.

Then I open the new part and go to properties to rename the Product part number box so it matches the document name but it is greyed out ?
I am hoping its something obvious, please see the attached image

catia image.jpg

regards

Dave

Use the File + New From command to copy an existing part and save it with a new name.

If you have already inserted the old part into the assembly and now you want to save this part with a new name: (with the assembly open) use the File + Save Management to rename the old part. This will also update the links in the assembly so it's using the new part.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back