Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Adding weldment data to cut list properties of weldments

roldy

I have various weldments in a part and I would like to insert the path name of the weldment profile used into that weldments cut list properties. I can loop through all the features and I can get the path name of the profile in the weldment feature but how do I "transfer" the path name to the appropriate cut list item? Do I have to do another nested loop that runs only on the cut list folder and do a name compare between the feature and the cut list item name in order to perform my "match"? Or is there a way within the cut list folder to find the parent feature that generated the cut list item? If I can find the parent feature from within the cut list folder, then I can get the path name easily.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back