Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Split Patter

IdiotUsingCatia

Hello everyone,

I want to cut a spline by several defined planes/ points while keeping both sides. Whenever I choose more than one point / plane , it would not let me keep both sides.

Can you please help me ?
Attached are the photos of the spline i want to cut and the problem it gives when choosing several cutting elements

I'm assuming you made the spline outside of a sketch, and I'm also assuming you are not using Hybrid Design mode.

To split the Spline (or any curve) and keep both sides requires that you duplicate the Spline first. The best way to do this is (selecting from the tree) COPY the Spline, and right-click on the Geometric Set and choose the PASTE SPECIAL option and then choose the PASTE RESULT WITH LINK option. (PASTE RESULT WITH LINK will make a copy that will change when the original spline is modified)

Now that you have 2 splines; trim one curve to one side, and trim the other curve to the other side.

Thank you MrCatia,

The thing is that I have to cut the spline by 800 planes, and was wondering if there is a massive way to do so while keeping both sides.

( I am using Hybrid Design mode)

What are you making? Can you attach a picture?

Instead of cutting the spline, it might be easier to cut the solid or just build the solid between two planes. Power Copy might make it easier.

spli.JPG

I am trying to cut this spline by the following planes and/or points. It is a 2D problem with no parts of the curve removed, just split the spline by equidistant points/ plane

I'm not an FEA analyst, but can you just pass the points to Ansys and convert them into nodes? Or maybe pass the unbroken spline curve and let the mesher subdivide it up into 800 elements?

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back