Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Rendering (using Render Tools) of Sections, Volatile Ghosting etc.

rolitheone

Hey guys,

I am new on the forum and I am also very new with CAD programs. So the thing is, what I need to do is render somewhat ok looking pictures of our assemblies. However, I am currently confined to the assembly design workspace and as I understand from playing around that is an outdated method of doing it, but it is what I have for now. What I am looking for now, is a way to render out sections I have defined, like only showing a certain part of the assembly, volatile ghosting would also be helpful, but neither of those render out. Manually hiding parts is very painstaking since there are thousands of, mostly pretty chaotically organized, parts on this stuff. Maybe you have an idea of how I else I could render within this license (I do not have access to "live render" workspace or anything like that). Thanks guys. Sorry for being a noob :eek:

Which version are you using CATIA V5, or CATIA V6, or 3DExperience ?

Last edited:
I am still '"looking at creating scenes". I still have no idea how to do it. If anyone still has any tip regarding this, I would appreciate that. I can't imagine such a basic functionality not being part of an industry standard tool that costs thousands.

Thanks, I have looked into it and there is no option for Enhanced scenes, no button or anything to be found in my work space.

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back