Question Rendering (using Render Tools) of Sections, Volatile Ghosting etc.

Hey guys,

I am new on the forum and I am also very new with CAD programs. So the thing is, what I need to do is render somewhat ok looking pictures of our assemblies. However, I am currently confined to the assembly design workspace and as I understand from playing around that is an outdated method of doing it, but it is what I have for now. What I am looking for now, is a way to render out sections I have defined, like only showing a certain part of the assembly, volatile ghosting would also be helpful, but neither of those render out. Manually hiding parts is very painstaking since there are thousands of, mostly pretty chaotically organized, parts on this stuff. Maybe you have an idea of how I else I could render within this license (I do not have access to "live render" workspace or anything like that). Thanks guys. Sorry for being a noob

•   AltAdvertisment

Which version are you using CATIA V5, or CATIA V6, or 3DExperience ?
    Last edited by MrCATIA; June 19th, 2019 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCATIA View Post
    Which version are you using CATIA V5, or CATIA V6, or 3DExperience ?
    Thanks for your reply. I am using 3d experience Catia R2019x in Assembly Design Mode.

Look at creating scenes within your assembly.

•   AltAdvertisment

Me being a beginner, that is a VERY vague answer but I will do that and thank you anyway

I am still '"looking at creating scenes". I still have no idea how to do it. If anyone still has any tip regarding this, I would appreciate that. I can't imagine such a basic functionality not being part of an industry standard tool that costs thousands.

I think it will be easier for you to read the help doc than for us to explain it in our own words. They are very helpful when it comes to catia features.

http://catiadoc.free.fr/online/cfyug...gscene0002.htm

Quote Originally Posted by rolitheone View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I am using 3d experience Catia R2019x in Assembly Design Mode.
    Same for me! CATIA 3DExperience R2019x on the Cloud

Thanks, I have looked into it and there is no option for Enhanced scenes, no button or anything to be found in my work space.

Quote Originally Posted by rolitheone View Post
    I am still '"looking at creating scenes". I still have no idea how to do it. If anyone still has any tip regarding this, I would appreciate that. I can't imagine such a basic functionality not being part of an industry standard tool that costs thousands.
    Hi rolitheone, here is a video explaining you how to create a scene in CATIA 3DExperience (https://youtu.be/AoExK8vfslc)