Continue to Site

Welcome to 3DCADForums

Join our CAD community forums where over 25,000 users interact to solve day to day problems and share ideas. We encourage you to visit, invite you to participate and look forward to your input and opinions. Acrobat 3D, AutoCAD, Catia, Inventor, IronCAD, Creo, Pro/ENGINEER, Solid Edge, SolidWorks, and others.

Importing IFC 2x3 into SolidWorks

honey

Hello everyone,
this is my first post ever in a forum, so I hope I am in the right place and someone can maybe help me.

I am currently writing my bachelor thesis on the compatibility of IFC-Files with CAD and CFD programes. For this, I need to open a rather big IFC-File with SolidWorks, to test the simplification abilities of SolidWorks with the IFC model. At first I could't open it. So I tries Microstation which worked just fine. So I tried to transform the IFC into a STEP file for easier import. I used Microstation and the IfcConvert Tool for this. Neither did work. After that I tried the --ignore types operation of IfcConvert, to make the IFC smaller. Which didn't work. Then I tried deleting some of the outer Parts of the model that I didn't needed. I used simplebim for that. That worked pretty well, but I couldn't open the model again. Not as IFC or STEP.

So here is my question: Has anyone ever encountered something similar? Is there a way to open the file, that I haven't tried yet? My Computer is maybe not the fastest, but it should definitley be able to open these Files.

I am looking forward for any helping suggestions!!
Regards,
honey

Articles From 3DCAD World

Sponsor

Back