Thread: Outlines issue

Default Outlines issue

Hi,

Whenever I customize my view mode to see outlines, I see way to many lines that are not visible in any other view mode. Is there any way to hide them?
    The same view on my friend's computer opens correctly - without those lines (we have the same catia version).

•   AltAdvertisment

This is a graphic glitch. Your GPU may be too weak and it is having problems with interpreting some data. BTW, see those faces inside the holes on the right image? They definitely shouldn't be there. Try remaking the solid (Extract a full boundary of the solid and make a new pad of it - see if the surfaces are there. Or try playing around with some CATIA display options(see below). I have a really good CAD station at work but I've seen some surfaces stretching out like that. I think this occurs during importing from another format like STP or IGS. Can you upload that model here anyway? I'll take a closer look.

Przechwytywanie.jpg

•   AltAdvertisment

I don't think it's a glitch. A couple of friends have the same laptop model with integrated graphics card and they don't see those lines.
    Attached is the .stp file.3jr50198aaaa.zip

•   AltAdvertisment

Yea well different GPU processors interprete some things differently (ATI and NVIDIA). I can't really say what does your PC do when you're opening that model. Anyway, there is a very tiny intersection or a contact between those bodies. This is what probably bothers the STP interpreter. Try adding a 0.01mm to one of the faces if that's not a problem. When you saved the STP from another cad software (which is what I assume you did?) were the bodies supposed to be connected or disconnected?

Przechwytywanie.jpg

I updated the graphics drivers and it did not help.
    To be honest I do not know where to add 0.01mm to one of the faces. Could you give me some hint?

Anyway I think I found a solution. If I set the whole object's transparency to 1 and check "Perform transparent faces as opaque in HRD mode" those lines are gone. However it does affect other view modes and I work with them interchangeably. Look at the screens below. Any ideas?

settings.jpgsettings 2.jpgOK.jpgshading.jpgshading2.jpg

Not sure if this will help, but the latest set of attached pictures look like perspective views. Try this: Click the View menu on top of the screen, then click Raster Style and Parallel.

Unfortunately it didn't.